- SRQVolunteen is designed to connect students to volunteer service. Through participation in this program, teens learn valuable employability skills, support causes they feel passionately about, improve interpersonal skills through teamwork and networking, and discover their strengths, aptitudes and passions–all while making a difference in our community!
Use the tabs on this page to find teen-friendly volunteer opportunities, to apply for our middle school training program, apply to be an SRQVolunteen Student trainer, and to view our upcoming days of service.
More information about each Day of Service (including available shifts) can be found on our volunteer calendar. Be sure to include the event, date and shift you’re signing up for when registering!
For information about Alternative Spring Break, including how to register and earn up 35 hours of community service hours in ONE WEEK, click here.
- The SRQVolunteen training program introduces students to volunteerism and empowers them to become stewards of change. Participants develop a community service project in conjunction with, or to the benefit of, a local nonprofit. In addition to their community service efforts, students gain important skills such as communication, team-building, and problem-solving that will benefit them throughout their school years and beyond.
The SRQVolunteen training program is offered three times a year in the fall, spring and summer, at various locations throughout Sarasota County. For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
- The SRQVolunteen student board brings community service opportunities to high school students throughout Sarasota County. The board coordinates monthly service events, in partnership with local nonprofits, that serve as a way to meet and work with other area teens, assist in causes the students care about, and earn community service hours. The board is also responsible for finding, posting, and coordinating volunteer opportunities that are available to high school students.
Please look through the categories listed below to find a teen-friendly service opportunity that matches your interests. Click here for information about Bright Futures.
For upcoming volunteer events and information on SRQVolunteen’s Days of Service, please click on the tabs above.
- Use the calendar below to find teen-friendly volunteer opportunities in your area.
- Apply to be an SRQVolunteen Student trainer!! To be eligible, you must have completed the STAR leadership program or the SRQVolunteen Training program. Gain community service hours!