2016: Year of the Teen
Year of the Teen is a Movement. Boys & Girls Clubs of America is leading this initiative to raise awareness, understanding and, most importantly, teen membership in 2016 and beyond. Year of the Teen is essential at the local level to propel our Movement forward for teens, building focus and energy to drive the teen agenda now and into the future.
Year of the Teen marks the launch of a three-year strategy designed to recruit and retain more teens. The teen strategy consists of four key priorities:
1. CAPACITY: Strengthen the teen experience at the Club.
2. PROGRAMS: Ensure our program offerings are relevant to teens.
3. PARTNERSHIPS: Increase access points for teens, making it easy for them to engage.
4. OUTREACH: Reach more teens, more often.
Why is 2016 Called Year of the Teen?
Our call to action is to strengthen our Clubs and programs so that they are not only a safe haven for our teens, but also places in which:
• Teens want to engage;
• Club professionals and volunteers can help them successfully navigate their journey through high school; and
• The Club community can support them in making informed decisions about their lives after they leave the Club.
In 2016, we will activate Year of the Teen by releasing new teen-focused resources, learning opportunities and programs. Through the strong partnerships and the Year of the Teen: Innovation Award Project from BGCA, our organization is positioned to offer endless opportunities for teens to succeed academically and live a healthy lifestyle while using their voice and talent to make a difference in our community.
Please consider joining this Movement today and help us continue to open the doors for teens to explore their interests and achieve their full potential.