The Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County celebrated outstanding board leadership, community business partnerships and exceptional staff at the agency’s Annual Celebration on October 5, 2017. The organization also installed the 2017-2018 Board of Directors.
Awards for the 2016-2017 fiscal year and their associated recipients are as follows:
- Board Member of the Year – Meghan O. Serrano, Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Foundation Board Member of the Year – Jon Lee, LCM Capital Advisors
- Lee Wetherington Boys & Girls Club Advisory Board Member of the Year – Joan Verizzo, Community Volunteer
- Newtown Advisory Board Member of the Year – Former County Commissioner Carolyn Mason
- Robert and Joan Lee Boys & Girls Club Advisory Board Member of the Year – Alan Clipperton, Community Volunteer
- Gene Matthews Boys & Girls Club Advisory Board Member of the Year – Jim Fendrick, Edward Jones
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County also recognized Lee Wetherington Homes with the 2016-2017 Business Partner of the Year Award, as well as, Sofia Gilot, Program Coordinator at the Gene Matthews Boys & Girls Club, with the 2016-2017 John Dziedziak Youth Development Professional of the Year Award.
The evening closed with the installation of the 2017-2018 Board of Directors. After leading as Board Chair for two years, Jaime DiDomenico, President of CoolToday, passed the gavel to Jonna Keller, Managing Member of First Security Investments, LLC. Lee DeLieto with Michael Saunders & Company was appointed to Chair-Elect while Ric Saba, Attorney at Law, will serve as secretary and Meghan O. Serrano with Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP as Treasurer. Also serving on the Board of Directors is Kanak Bal, Michael Beumier, Ernest F. Dubose II, David Glorius, Michele Grimes, Dr. Robert Gussin, Barbara Hagen, Wayne Hall, Barbara Lancer, Karen Madden, Carolyn Mason, Gene Matthews, Mark Morrison, Irving Naiditch, Richard Perlman, Dr. Richard Rehmeyer, Lucas Richter, Robert Scheb, Tom Shapiro, Ric Smalley, Lee Thacker and Lee Wetherington.
Robert Scheb with Bowman, George, Scheb, Kimbrough, Koach & Chapman, P.A. was also installed as Chair of the 2017-2018 Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County Foundation Board.
More photos from the Annual Celebration are below.